don’t ever talk to me about harry potter because i’ll either end up getting so over excited i start knocking lamps over and shit or i start sobbing uncontrollably
Harry Potter Mixology: My Favorites!
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 1oz cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Top with cinnamon/crushed almonds
- Place martini glass in freezer to chill
- Add Baileys, amaretto, vodka and cream to shaker with ice
- Remove glass from freezer
- Rim inside of martini glass with chocolate syrup
- Pour contents of shaker into glass
- Top with almond crumbles or cinnamon
- 3 oz Nuvo
- 1 oz Vodka
- 3 Raspberries
- 1 Strawberry
- To chill Vodka: Add ice and Vodka to cocktail shaker
- Add Raspberries to bottom of champagne flute
- Strain chilled vodka into flute
- Add Nuvo
- Garnish with strawberry
Fred and George Weasley
- 1 oz Vodka
- ½ oz Chambord
- ½ oz Peach Schnapps
- Splash of Pineapple juice
- Strawberry Pop Rocks
- Fill martini glass with cold water and place in freezer for 2 minutes to chill.
- Pour all ingredients except candy in a shaker with ice.
- Rim martini glass with Strawberry Pop Rocks
- Pour in contents of mixer.Goblet of FireIngredients:
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz blue curacao
- 3 oz lemonade
- Splash 151
- Pinch of cinnamonDirections:
- Pour vodka, blue curacao, and lemonade into a goblet-type glass
- Top with a splash of 151 proof rum
- Light on fire
- Add the pinch of cinnamon to the flames (cinnamon will spark)
- *** Blow out flames before consuming! ***
- 1 oz Grey Goose Le Citron vodka
- ½ oz Elderflower liquor
- 7 raspberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pink lemonade
- Lemon wedge garnish
- Muddle 6 raspberries with sugar in a tall glass.
- Add ice.
- Top with vodka and pink lemonade.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and raspberry.
- 1 oz Tequila
- 1/3 oz Tabasco sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Muddle jalapeno pepper and Tabasco sauce.
- Strain into shot glass.
- Add tequila.
- Garnish with thin slice of jalapeno.
- 1 oz whiskey
- 1/2 oz cinnamon schnapps
- Splash of 151 rum
- Add whiskey and cinnamon schnapps to shaker with ice
- Shake to chill
- Pour into shot glass
- Top with 151 rum
- ***Put out flames before consuming!***
- 2 oz Vodka
- 6 oz Earl Grey or choice tea
- Dash Syrup
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Garnish lemon
- 2 mint leaves
- Combine all ingredients into a tall class.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lemon.
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 oz rum
- 2 slices lime
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 oz champagne
- Muddle mint leaves, limes, rum, sugar in shaker until sugar dissolves
- Strain into champagne flute
- Add champagne
- Garnish with mint
Welp, Harry Potter party anyone?
The Marauders at Hogwarts (part 1).
the stories we love best do live in us forever…
Happy Birthday, Jo Rowling!
Many happy wishes to the wonderful woman who brought us him:
And these friends:
And these enemies:
And this family:
And these amazing teachers:
And these unbelievable places:
And a collegiate intramural sport based on:
And so much more!
Oh, and my personal favorite:
Six years ago today, Deathly Hallows was released in bookstores all over the world.
Six years ago today, we held in our hands the last and final installement in the epic tale of Harry Potter.
Six years ago today, kids and adults alike began their final first reading of a Harry Potter book.
Six years ago today, we lost Charity Burbage, Mad-Eye Moody, Hedwig, Rufus Scrimgeour, Ted Tonks, Dobby, Fred Weasley, Severus Snape, Remus Lupin, Tonks (no first name out of utter respect), Colin Creevey and countless others, named and unnamed, who died fighting for the Wizarding World.
Six years ago today we laughed. We cried. We gawked in awe at the twists and turns that only Jo Rowling herself could pull off.
But most importantly, six years ago today we thought this series was over. But in this last half decade, we’ve grown stronger than ever. In the last six years, we’ve even picked up thousands of new fans along the way.
In this last decade, we have learned something crucial, that she herself put best:
The stories we love do live on in us forever, so whether you come back by page or by screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.
These books taught us life lessons that we never could have dreamed of. Dumbledore taught us that the battle of good versus evil is not always cut and dry, and that sometimes we must pick between what is right and what is easy.
We learned that there are bad people in this world, but as long as there are people willing to fight for what is right, and to fight for love, the world can still be a good place.
So thank you, Jo. Thank you for making these books relevant in our lives in ways we never could have imagined. Thank you for giving us a childhood that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives.
Thanks for all of it, Jo.
I remember this day like it was yesterday.